Executive Presentation Skills
Improve your public speaking for business!
If you're looking to up your game in professional speaking situations, we can help. Our Executive Speech Coaching program is custom-made to build your knowledge and abilities quickly. You'll be working 1:1 with speech expert Dr. Gary Genard, an actor, communications professor, and coach to executives worldwide. You'll learn theater-based techniques to become a compelling communicator who speaks with absolute authority and impact.
Dr. Genard's coaching provides a “toolkit” of methods and approaches that will dramatically improve your confidence and executive presence. You'll discover your own voice to speak memorably and successfully in any situation. From executive search interviews to pitches, from earnings calls to board presentations, from keynotes to media appearances, you'll learn how to engage listeners, create emotional connections, and get audiences to perceive you exactly the way you want them to.
Module 1: Speaking for Persuasion
- Analyzing your audience
- Being clear on your purpose
- Creating content to achieve that purpose
- The C.U.R.E. Method of persuasion
Module 2: Developing Your Message
- Writing vs. speaking
- Using logic and language
- Clarity and conciseness
Module 3: Breathing, Relaxation, and Focus
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Calming your nerves
- Stage presence and achieving 100% focus
Module 4: How to Start and End a Speech
- The Grabber: Launching your speech
- The Clincher: Ending vividly and memorably
Module 5: Voice and Speech Improvement
- Vocal expressiveness: energy, pitch, pacing, and silence
- Using your voice to influence others
- Bringing your content to life
Module 6: Body Language
- Stance, movement and gestures
- How to command a stage
- Achieving physical expression
Module 7: Achieving Executive Presence
- Becoming a passionate speaker
- Speaking with maximum focus and discipline
- Using metaphors, comparisons and anecdotes
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, notes, or a manuscript
Module 8: Handling Q & A and Challenges
- The 7 Danger Zones of Q & A
- Thinking on your feet
- Dealing with resistance
Speech Coaching Options
This program features 1:1 instruction with speech coach Dr. Genard in our Boston office or at your location worldwide. The course consists of 10 hours of private instruction. Your work with Dr. Genard will be completely private and confidential. Choose from the following options:
- Eight 75-minute weekly sessions (Standard)
- Four 2.5-hour sessions (Accelerated)
- Two 5-hour sessions on consecutive days (Intensive)
- Presentation Coaching to prepare for a specific event is available on a short-term basis.
Following an assessment, activities and assignments will be customized to closely match your needs and goals. Materials include Dr. Genard’s Executive Speech Coaching Handbook and his books How to Give a Speech and Fearless Speaking. Extensive videotaping of practice presentations with expert critiques and feedback is a core component of this course.
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
Recommendations for continued individual improvement are provided at the end of the course. Follow-up and ongoing learning is available through telephone, Skype, or in-person sessions. You can also continue to learn through Dr. Genard’s blog Speak for Success!, monthly newsletter, videos, free resources on this website and publications. Review and critique by Dr. Genard of your videotaped speech or presentation is also available.