Overcome your fear of public speaking!
You're a smart, successful professional with knowledge and experience to share with audiences. From team meetings to conference speeches and panels, you should be a natural at speaking dynamically. So why are you struggling with performance anxiety?
Whether it's a long-standing problem or a new issue, stage fright can erode your peace of mind, undermine your confidence, and keep your voice from being heard. It may even be holding you back professionally. It may seem like a mystery as to why you're experiencing it at all. But overcoming fear of public speaking is easier than you think! What you need is a program that combines a deep understanding of stage fright with a laser focus on effective performance.
Eliminate your anxiety and speak with ease
That's exactly why I created my Fearless Speaking Course. If you want to eliminate your anxiety and build your confidence quickly, this is the coaching program for you. Fearless Speaking is customized to your personal experiences with speaking fear. You'll learn tools and approaches that will not only reduce your anxiety, but will make you a more effective communicator. You'll benefit from this program if you identify with one or more of these situations:
- I'm okay speaking to small groups, but experience anxiety in front of large audiences.
- I've been presenting for years, but always with a great deal of fear.
- I have terrible stage fright, sometimes for days or weeks before I have to speak.
- As a CEO, I'm suddenly dealing with performance anxiety I've never experienced before.
- I seem to have lost my edge, and I find myself wondering if it's going to get worse.
- I avoid speaking situations, and my boss is noticing.
- My heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest, and I forget to breathe!
- I've had moments of panic recently, and now I'm afraid it's going to keep happening.
- I want to communicate without the crippling fear taking over my life.
- I had a bad speaking experience, and now I keep worrying it will happen again.
- Fear makes me lose my train of thought. At times, I'm afraid I'll go completely blank.
- I think I need help with both my fear and my ability to perform with excellence.
Conquer your stage fright at last!
If you suffer from speech phobia, it's not because you don't know your stuff. Even famous performers and powerful executives can and do suffer from debilitating nerves. As an actor and speech coach, I based the Fearless Speaking System on theater-based techniques that are the best that exist for this problem. I use a holistic approach that combines psychology, a focus on the body and breathing, mindfulness, and skills for powerful stage presence.
Choose your personal program:
You experience fear of speaking in your own way, so I'll work with you to create your own personal toolbox of effective solutions. Choose from my eight-week coaching for Boston-area residents, or my two-day intensive course if you're from outside Massachusetts or the U.S. Both courses feature 10 hours of personalized coaching from a professional actor that include techniques for more dynamic public speaking. The textbook for the course is my book Fearless Speaking, which features 50 hands-on exercises to help you banish your stage fright forever. (Click here to download a free chapter from my book.)
Learn how my revolutionary approach will help you take action to overcome your fear while performing at your best! Contact me or call my office at (617) 993-3410. I'll be delighted to tell you more about my Fearless Speaking coaching and how it can help you.
The Topics We'll Cover Together
- Overcoming speech anxiety will change your life
- Causes of speaking fear
- Matching fear reduction techniques to your situation
- Eliminating worst-case thinking
- Developing positive coping statements
- Directing your thinking into productive channels
- Progressive relaxation
- The Virtual Vacation
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Grounding for stability and confidence
- Entering your performance space and greeting audiences
- Gestures: Suiting the action to the word
- Checklists for body language and use of space
- Focused relaxation
- Exercises for mindfulness
- 10 ways to stay fully focused and present while speaking
- The Actor’s Box exercise
- The Spotlight Techniques
- Writing your fears away
- Your Command Performance Movie
- The Two Universes exercise
- Getting comfortable with your own body
- 6 More Ways to Reduce Nervousness
- Calming the Heart
- Closing the Stress Gate
- The Healing Breath
- Strategies for Panic Attacks
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
You'll also receive recommendations for continued improvement. Additional resources include my blog Speak for Success!, where you'll find over 30 articles I've written on overcoming fear of public speaking; my monthly newsletter; and our page Dr. Genard in the Media.