Overcome your fear of public speaking!
Wondering how to overcome your fear of public speaking? Stage fright can erode your peace of mind, undermine your confidence, and keep your voice from being heard. In many cases, it can hold you back professionally. But overcoming public speaking anxiety is easier than you think!
My Fearless Speaking course will help eliminate your fears and build your confidence. This program is customized to address your personal experiences with speaking fear. You'll learn tools and approaches that will not only reduce your anxiety, but will make you a more effective communicator. This program is for you if you identify with one or more of these situations:
- I'm okay speaking to small groups, but experience anxiety in front of large audiences.
- I hesitate to speak at meetings, which is hindering my professional growth.
- I've been presenting for years, but always with a great deal of fear.
- I have terrible stage fright, sometimes for days or weeks before I have to speak.
- I seem to have lost my edge, and I've even started experiencing panic attacks.
- I avoid speaking situations, and my boss is noticing.
- My heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest, and I forget to breathe!
- I want to communicate without the crippling fear taking over my life.
- I had a bad speaking experience, and now I keep worrying it will happen again.
- Fear makes me lose my train of thought, and I even go blank.
- I've tried several methods to no avail.
Conquer your stage fright at last!
If you suffer from speech phobia, it's not because you don't know your stuff. Did you realize that even famous performers suffer from debilitating nerves? As an actor and speech coach, I based the Fearless Speaking System on theater-based techniques that are the best that exist for dealing with this problem. I use a holistic approach that combines psychology, a focus on the body and breathing, techniques for mindfulness, and skills for powerful stage presence.
Choose your program:
You experience fear of speaking in your own way, so I'll work with you to create your own personal toolbox of effective solutions. Choose from my eight-week coaching for Boston-area residents, or my two-day intensive course if you're from outside Massachusetts. Both courses feature 10 hours of personalized coaching from a professional actor that include techniques for more dynamic public speaking. The textbook for the course is my book Fearless Speaking, which features 50 hands-on exercises to help you banish your stage fright forever. (Click here to download a free chapter from my book.)
Learn how my revolutionary approach will help you take action to overcome your fear while engaging audiences! Contact me or call my office at (617) 993-3410. I'll be delighted to tell you more about my Fearless Speaking coaching and how it can help you.
The Topics We'll Cover
- Overcoming speech anxiety will change your life
- Causes of speaking fear
- Matching fear reduction techniques to your situation
- Eliminating worst-case thinking
- Developing positive coping statements
- Directing your thinking into productive channels
- Progressive relaxation
- The Virtual Vacation
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Grounding for stability and confidence
- Entering your performance space and greeting audiences
- Gestures: Suiting the action to the word
- Checklists for body language and use of space
- Focused relaxation
- Exercises for mindfulness
- 10 ways to stay fully focused and present while speaking
- The Actor’s Box exercise
- The Spotlight Techniques
- Writing your fears away
- Your Command Performance Movie
- The Two Universes exercise
- Getting comfortable with your own body
- 6 More Ways to Reduce Nervousness
- Calming the Heart
- Closing the Stress Gate
- The Healing Breath
- Strategies for Panic Attacks
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
You'll also receive recommendations for continued improvement. Additional resources include my blog Speak for Success!, where you'll find over 30 articles I've written on overcoming fear of public speaking, my newsletter, and our page Dr. Genard in the Media.