Online Presentation Skills Training
Live Zoom video training for your team
Speak at Your Best, In Person and Virtually!
Speak at Your Best! is The Genard Method’s online group presentation training program. This practical workshop empowers teams, departments, boards, business units, or your full staff. Develop the performance skills to engage, persuade, and activate stakeholders. Through live online sessions with Dr. Gary Genard, you'll learn theater-based techniques to command the stage and deliver your message with impact.
A professional actor and one of America's leading speech coaches, Dr. Genard can make anyone a more poised and dynamic speaker. Discover performance-based skills to speak for leadership in your industry. Learning modules are combined with Zoom screen recordings with presentation practice and expert feedback. The two-session version of this program includes private 1:1 coaching sessions for select attendees on your entire team. Training materials include Dr. Genard’s Speak at Your Best! Workbook and his book How to Give a Speech.
Speaking virtually much more lately? Don't get left behind! Learn the 'new rules' for personal and team success in Dr. Genard's new book, The Online Meetings Handbook.
Who will benefit
Speak at Your Best! is ideal for employees who are client- or patient facing, and who speak in person or in virtual meetings. Anyone who represents your company in customer meetings, in conferences and industry events, or who supervises a workforce will benefit. (For Zoom-based 1:1 speech coaching, see our Executive Presentation Skills.)
"The “Speak at Your Best!” workshop allowed a room full of anxious presenters to learn valuable tools for delivering effective and engaging presentations. Dr. Genard’s proven method for teaching speech presentation skills was extremely beneficial to our team. His small class size, use of examples, and video of presentations truly allowed each participant to learn how to be an effective presenter."
Available Modules in the Online Workshop
Module 1: Creating Successful Presentations
- The 'Oral Arena' and understanding your job as a speaker
- How to organize and prepare an engaging and compelling talk
- Action goals and assessing your performance
- Delivery skills: focus and presence
Module 2: Achieving Influence with Audiences
- Analyzing your audience
- Deciding on your specific purpose
- Engaging your listeners
- Leadership Skills: 10 Ways to Stay Fully Focused when Speaking
Module 3: Speaking Virtually
- The 'New Rules' for Success in the Virtual Environment
- How your team can look and sound at their best
- Presentation skills in the virtual world
- Speaking with warmth and personality to a webcam
- 'Think on Your Seat': Exercises for Speaking Under Pressure
Module 4: How to Develop and Tell Your Story
- Storytelling and using metaphors
- Tailoring your content to your audience
- Speaking with clarity and conciseness
Module 5: The 7 Components of Great Presentations
- Launching your speech
- Main points with evidence
- Vivid and visual language
Module 6: Understanding Body Language
- Audience perceptions: visuals, vocals, and content
- 5 Secrets of Powerful Body Language
- Movement, gestures, and using space
Module 7: Vocal Dynamics
- 5 Key Tools of Vocal Dynamics
- Power and projection: How to speak with authority
- Using your voice to influence others
- Transforming your data into a compelling story
Module 8: Handling Q & A and Challenges
- The 7 Danger Zones of Q & A
- Achieving your goals in the face of resistance
- How to handle tough questions and pushback
Follow-Up and Ongoing Learning
Ongoing learning and continued training is available through additional Zoom-based group or 1:1 coaching sessions, and review of video clips of your speeches and presentations. Clients also benefit from the insights in our blog Speak for Success!, monthly newsletter, free learning resources, and Dr. Genard's books, eBooks, audio products, and Audible book.