Executive Presentation Skills
Improve your public speaking for business!
Are you maximizing your influence and personal brand? Your expertise has taken you this far. But now you're speaking on bigger stages or to key decision-makers. You need performance coaching to excel in the oral arena—the place where everyone sees and judges who you are. Executive Presentation Skills gives you the tools to excel in this high-visibility role.
You’ll be working with internationally recognized speech expert Dr. Gary Genard. Join top management who've received this coaching at multinationals, in healthcare/bio-pharma, finance, government, the United Nations, and emerging technology firms. Your personal program will be customized to your needs, goals, and speaking applications. Learn theater-based techniques that will transform your emotional connection and impact. Be the speaker people believe in.
Speech Coaching Options
Executive Presentation Skills is offered as short-term instruction or long-term projects at our Greater Boston office or client locations worldwide. All coaching features 1:1 private and confidential sessions with Dr. Genard. Visit this page for corporate and team training.
Our Boston course consists of 10 hours of private coaching. Choose from these programs:
- Standard: Eight 75-minute weekly sessions. For Boston-area professionals.
- Accelerated: Four 2.5-hour sessions. An alternative scheduling option.
- Intensive: Two 5-hour sessions on consecutive days. From those outside MA or abroad.
- Presentation Coaching to prepare for a specific event is available on a short-term basis.
Following an assessment, activities and assignments will be customized to match your needs and goals. Materials include Dr. Genard’s Executive Speech Coaching Handbook and his books How to Give a Speech and Fearless Speaking. Extensive videotaping of practice presentations with expert critiques and feedback is a core component of this course.
Module 1: Speaking for Persuasion
- Analyzing your audience
- Being clear on your purpose
- Creating content to achieve that purpose
- The C.U.R.E. Method of persuasion
Module 2: Developing Your Message
- Writing vs. speaking
- Using logic and language
- Clarity and conciseness
Module 3: Breathing, Relaxation, and Focus
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Calming your nerves
- Stage presence and achieving 100% focus
Module 4: How to Start and End a Speech
- The Grabber: Launching your speech
- The Clincher: Ending vividly and memorably
Module 5: Voice and Speech Improvement
- Vocal expressiveness: energy, pitch, pacing, and silence
- Using your voice to influence others
- Bringing your content to life
Module 6: Body Language
- Stance, movement and gestures
- How to command a stage
- Achieving physical expression
Module 7: Achieving Executive Presence
- Becoming a passionate speaker
- Speaking with maximum focus and discipline
- Using metaphors, comparisons and anecdotes
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, notes, or a manuscript
Module 8: Handling Q & A and Challenges
- The 7 Danger Zones of Q & A
- Thinking on your feet
- Dealing with resistance
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
Recommendations for continued individual improvement are provided at the end of the course. Follow-up and ongoing learning is available through telephone, Skype, or in-person sessions. You can also continue to learn through Dr. Genard’s blog Speak for Success!, monthly newsletter, videos, free resources on this website and publications. Review and critique by Dr. Genard of your videotaped speech or presentation is also available.