Executive Speech Coaching
Live 1:1 Zoom video coaching for executives worldwide.
Transform your virtual speaking for business!
Welcome to today's world of conducting business virtually. Now more than ever, your success depends upon your communication skills in online meetings. Shouldn't you or your team be learning in a virtual training environment that shows you how to excel?
My online Executive Speech Coaching Program will help you thrive in the virtual environment. As an actor, communications professor, and speech coach, I'll work with you so that your performance soars. Gain the confidence, skills, and hands-on training you need to reach the next level of communication excellence. Discover the on-camera presence, voice and speaking skills, storytelling, and message development techniques to make that happen!
Join leaders at multinationals, healthcare and bio-pharma, finance, government, high-tech firms, and at the United Nations and U.S. Congress that have taken my training. (Read more here in my bio.) Your personal program will be customized to your needs and goals. Work with the executive coach Global Gurus calls for the seventh consecutive year in 2020 "One of the World's Top 30 Communication Professionals," and whose training program has been voted #7 in the world. Be the speaker—virtually and otherwise—that people believe in.
Boost Your Skills in Virtual Engagement
My online Executive Speech Coaching Program is delivered through live distance coaching sessions with me via Zoom. Wherever you or your team are located worldwide, we'll work together seamlessly, conveniently, and at great cost savings to you. Online coaching consists of 10 one-hour video sessions with me personally.
Online Training — Course Syllabus
Module 1: Maximizing Your Virtual Presence
- Improving the virtual environment you're seen in
- How to start a virtual meeting and keep it going
- Looking and sounding your best
- Engaging listeners and keeping them with you
- Personalizing a webcam to achieve warmth and presence
Module 2: Developing Your Message
- How to speak from notes, a manuscript, or a script
- Impromptu speaking and pulling your thoughts together
- Using logic and language to strengthen your message
- Achieving clarity and conciseness
Module 3: Breathing, Focus, and Calming Nerves
- Diaphragmatic breathing for vocal power
- How to calm your nerves: from months before to on-the-spot
- My Fearless Speaking TM techniques for overcoming anxiety
Module 4: How to Start and End a Speech
- The Grabber: Launching your speech
- The Body: Using a slide deck and other visuals effectively
- The Clincher: Ending vividly and memorably
Module 5: Voice and Speech Improvement
- Vocal expressiveness: energy, pitch, pacing, and silence
- Using your voice to influence others
- Bringing your content to life
- Eliminating fillers: "uh," "um," "like," and "you know."
- Controlling your pace and sounding confident
Module 6: Body Language
- Using body language in the virtual environment
- Positioning your laptop for maximum benefit
- How to command a "virtual room"
- Achieving physical expression of your ideas
Module 7: Storytelling, Poise, and Presence
- Becoming a passionate speaker
- Storytelling to move listeners emotionally
- Speaking with maximum focus and discipline
- Using metaphors, comparisons and anecdotes
- How to make PowerPoint or other media serve you, not the other way around
Module 8: Handling Q & A and Challenges
- The 7 Danger Zones of Q & A you need to be aware of
- Thinking on your feet while staying focused
- Dealing with resistance, challenges, and tough questions
- How to handle hostility
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
Based on our work together, I'll provide you with my ideas for continued growth after you've completed the course. You can also choose continuing training and practice through our extended coaching programs. Other learning resources include my Speak for Success! blog, monthly newsletter, videos, and free resources on this website and publications. I'm also available to review and critique you or your team's videotaped or screen-recorded presentations or speeches.