Live 1:1 Zoom video coaching for executives worldwide.
Transform your virtual and in-person speaking!
Today, in-person and virtual communication skills are equally vital to your success. It's a new world now, and chances are you need to up your game in both live and virtual environments. If you're serious about speaking for leadership, you should work with one of the world's leading performance coaches. (Click on the link to the right to learn about my new book, Speak for Leadership.)
My online Leadership Communication Course will transform your in-person and virtual speaking skills. As an actor, communications professor, and speech coach, my Method has been helping top professionals worldwide since 2001. Gain the confidence, skills, and hands-on training you need to reach the next level of communication excellence.
You'll be joining leaders in business, finance, healthcare and bio-pharma, government, high-tech, at the United Nations, and the U.S. Congress and State Department that have taken my training. (Read more here in my bio.) Your personal program will be customized to your needs and goals. Work with the executive coach Global Gurus calls for the seventh consecutive year in 2020 "One of the World's Top 30 Communication Professionals," and whose Method has been voted as one of the Top 10 Speech Training Programs in the World. Be the speaker—virtually and otherwise—that people believe in.
Boost Your Skills via Virtual Training
My Leadership Communication Course is delivered through 1:1 live Zoom sessions with me. Wherever you are located worldwide, we'll work together seamlessly, conveniently, and at great cost savings to you. Coaching consists of 10 one-hour online sessions.
The Leadership Communication Course
Module 1: Maximizing Your Presence
- Owning a room, stage, or virtual environment
- Speaking with power and presence for leadership
- Developing a 'speaking persona' that represents you at your best
- Engaging listeners and effortlessly connecting with audiences
- Personalizing a webcam to achieve warmth in virtual engagements
Module 2: Developing Your Message
- How to speak from notes, a manuscript, or a slide deck
- Impromptu speaking and organizing your thoughts quickly
- Using logic and language to strengthen your message
- Achieving clarity and conciseness
Module 3: Breathing, Focus, and Calming Nerves
- Diaphragmatic breathing for vocal power and projection
- How to calm your nerves: from months before to on-the-spot
- My Fearless Speaking TM techniques for overcoming anxiety
Module 4: How to Start and End a Speech
- The Grabber: Hook Your Audience Within 30 Seconds
- The Body: Using a slide deck and other visuals effectively
- The Clincher: How to End Vividly and Memorably
Module 5: Voice and Speech Improvement
- Vocal expressiveness: energy, pitch, pacing, and pauses
- Using your voice to influence others
- Bringing your content to life
- Eliminating fillers: "uh," "um," "like," and "you know."
- Controlling your pace and sounding confident
Module 6: Body Language
- Body language techniques for live and virtual speaking
- Owning a performance space and commanding a stage
- How to be a relaxed and dynamic speaker in a "virtual room"
- Achieving physical expression of your ideas
Module 7: Storytelling, Poise, and Presence
- Becoming a passionate speaker
- Storytelling to move listeners emotionally
- Speaking with maximum focus and discipline
- Using metaphors, comparisons and anecdotes
- How to make PowerPoint or other media serve you, not the other way around
Module 8: Handling Q & A and Challenges
- The 7 Danger Zones of Q & A you need to be aware of
- Thinking on your feet while staying focused
- Dealing with resistance, challenges, and tough questions
- How to handle hostility
Final Assessment and Follow-Up
Based on our work together, you'll be prepared for continued growth after you've completed the course. You can also choose continuing training and practice through our extended coaching programs. Other learning resources include my Speak for Success! blog, monthly newsletter, videos, and free resources on this website and publications. I'm also available to review and critique you or your team's videotaped or screen-recorded presentations or speeches.